Maxisew Data Ezi Spotlight on Sewing machine tension adjustments
Maxisew Data Ezi Sewing machine tension adjustment
Large loops on the underside of your sewn material caused by having little or no tension on the upper thread.
(1) Upper tension dial set incorrectly normal situation setting on 4
(2) Foreign material stuck in tension discs such as fluff, knotted cotton etc.
(3) Tension discs not closing correctly.
(4) Upper thread placed either side of the tension discs instead of between them, to correct remove the thread completely and re thread making sure that the thread goes between the discs instead of either side of them.
(5) To test that the thread is in the correct position lift the presser foot up and pull the thread, it should be loose. Lower the presser foot and pull the thread it should be tight. If it is loose with the foot down you will get large loops underneath and possibly jam the machine.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org